Tuesday, April 30, 2013

More Treadmill (day 75)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes on the treadmill.

Two big things to talk about today really. First with the group I was working with today we stopped for lunch- at Pizza Hut. I in the past could not resist pizza hut. When I was on the road; at least once while on the road I would order a pizza, bread-sticks and soda and eat all of it in one sitting. My wife came to dread pizza hut commercials because I was always want pizza after that. Pizza was my thing. Today- Nothing. I sat in the pizza hut for lunch, ate my bar, and did not even crave the pizza. In fact it really didn't look all that good to me. 40 days ago or so the smell of pizza made me think about ditching this plan and eating. The thought not eating pizza as my last meal before this diet haunted me. Pizza knew my name, knew what I wanted and gave it to me- and I gave myself to it. Pizza no longer holds power over me. I know how ridiculous this must sound to some one who has not be addicted to over eating- but this is not me joking around.

Second big thing- today I ran on the treadmill again. And today I was able to knock out 10 straight minutes. TEN STRAIGHT MINUTES. Sure it was slow, but I am not worried about speed. I am excited beyond belief that I did that. It really gave me that light at the end of the tunnel feeling. I can get better at running. I still look forward to running with a group, and learning more about how to run well- but I know I can do it.

Do I commit to completing a triathlon  I think I might- I am just not ready to say I will. Part of it is I will need a different bike and since I have to save all off budget money to do that I can't commit to getting that done this year. Part of it is that I can't train hard do to calorie restrictions on the diet. And part of it is I just don't know yet in my heart that I can do it. It is still something I think I might be able to do.. maybe. I can lose the weight  I can change myself to keep it off- I can do those things.

2 comments:

  1. Well done bud! That's exciting stuff. As a coach I can tell you that the low intensity training you are doing right now is EXACTLY what you need to be doing now.

    Ease into the running gradually. Form is everything - you can find lots of youtube videos to start with. If you ever interested we even have classes starting where all ability levels are welcome. You'd be an inspiration to our other athletes for sure!

    Riding any bike is great for recovery, but the great thing about running is that it requires minimal equipment.

    Hope to run into you in the pool soon. I got mine in this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing the pool right now. I'll be back in town next week (in VA right now) and back at the pool for sure. I also have a Good Form Running class this weekend that I am going to. That is of course if I get out of this damned state on time.

      Delete