Sunday, April 14, 2013

Over doing it just a bit (day 59)

Key Stats: No BG checks. 4 shakes, 1 bar no off eating. No formal exercise.

So I did over do it in the pool yesterday. I have had sore legs and arms all day. I don't like feeling this sore, but I know I have to keep pushing starting tomorrow. I'll have to go a bit lighter, but I can't stop just because I am a bit sore. Next time I will try to remember to not push it.

I have not kept a detailed log of measurements, but I do check things from time to time. My neck is now down to 19 inches. This allows me to shop for dress shirts without having to first find the big and tall section. To prove it I tried on the dress shirt I purchased for my Vegas trip back in the 2nd week of March (just a hair over a month ago). That shirt was a 19. At the time I needed two half inch button extenders to be able to button the neck. Today, I could button it no problem. So 1 month in I have lost an inch off of my neck. Bolstered by that and having time to kill while getting an oil change at Farm and Fleet I decided to try on some clothes to see what I fit in. My starting size was a 44/30 pants and a 3XLT shirt. I needed the tall part to help from the shirt showing my stomach off when I lifted my arms, not because I was tall. Both the pants and the shirts were honestly getting a bit tight on me, and I really could have moved up to the next size in both. Today what fit was 38/30 pants and a XL shirt. So 6 inches gone from where I wear my pants (which my wife always reminds me is not my waist, and 2 shirt sizes down. Now to be honest the shirt was a bit more snug that I would normally buy. But I thought I looked good in it. Maybe that brand of shirt XL was a bit too snug, but that means there are likely other brands that and XL would be a good fit. I wonder if I will get to the point where I can wear just a Large? How small will my neck get? I look forward to finding out. Here is the picture I took of myself. This just makes me so proud to see myself looking good. It is moments like today in that dressing room that really affirm for me that I can do this.  -Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment