Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A treadmill (day 74)

Key Stat: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes on the treadmill.

Today was a travel day as I find myself in Virginia again. Since I am in the hotel and they have a selection of exercise equipment I don't have I planned to and got on the treadmill. Wow, having that thing pace me makes running so much easier. This firmly cements in my mind that I need group running to help me. I was able to run for much longer periods of time than I can with no pacing help. I plan to run on the treadmill as many times as I can this week while I am out here. I hope some form of muscle memory starts to take effect.

I also video chatted with my wife and son. I don't know why seeing a picture of my face or a video of my face makes me notice the weight loss so much more than looking in a mirror. But wow did I notice the difference. It was amazing. I am so proud of myself for how far I have come and how far I know I can still go. I know I can keep this weight off after I am done with the loss phase of this journey. I know I can find a way to make exercise part of my life. I know I can do this- and I honestly never thought I could 74 days ago.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment