Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Inspiration (day 61)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar, no off eating. 20 minute on the bike, and 30 minutes of swimming.

I am not going to take full credit for all of this, but I know of one person who has started the VLCD program because of me, and today I had another person reach out and ask about the program and more information. That means because people are seeing how much good I am doing for myself and thinking they can do it to. I am an inspiration. That feels really good. To top that off today I went to lunch with two friends that I have not seen since before I started to lose weight. My friends where shocked by how much I had changed. Seeing people notice the amount of change I have gone through makes me really happy. It just isn't enough for me to see the changes in the mirror, or feeling the clothes get loser doesn't feel real; but people who don't know that I am trying notice it makes it feel real.

Maybe that is part of the problem that I have. When I was over weight I would look in the mirror and see a normal weight person. I would see the fat person in pictures when I would look at them, but the mirror not at all. Now when I look in the mirror I still see a fat person, but I see a skinny person in pictures. I'll need to find a way to see the real me in the mirror. Or just look at more pictures of myself I guess.

The pool keeps getting easier. My energy level is higher than I can remember it ever being. I am still sore quiet often from years of letting my muscles do nothing. But that is getting better. It is not a popular thought with my wife, but the thought of running keeps coming to my mind. I think just doing a 5k one time in my life would feel like such an accomplishment. I'll keep that thought to the back of my mind for awhile though. I am really making progress and I am really doing good. I know that I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment: