Monday, April 8, 2013

Doctor visit (day 53)

Key Stats: All BG normal, 4 shakes 1 bar, no off eating. 20 minutes on the bike in the morning, 20 minute walk for lunch, and 30 minutes on the elliptical in the evening.

I had my doctors appointment this afternoon. My doctor was so happy with the results of my blood tests, and my weight loss that she was literally giggling.  And I don't mean literally in the way people who don't understand what the word literally means. I mean literally and I know the definition of the word. Even if you know the definition of that word you should click on the link. It is great.

I thought I would post a picture for everyone to look at. It show a picture of me on my birthday in 2010 and a picture I took of myself today. I don't always see the changes in me as I am losing weight, but this is really hard not to notice.
How awesome is that. It is almost like it is two different people. In the picture on the left I am around 355 pounds. I was dealing with back pain that made it impossible for me to walk for more than a few minutes. To be honest it looks like I really have no neck. In the picture on the right I can exercise more than an hour a day. I go for walks just because I want to, and I no longer have to take medicine for diabetes. The guy on the left wasn't going to make it too much past his 50's if even past his 50's. The guy on the right has a much better chance of making it to old age. The guy on the left made his wife cry because she is worried she is going to lose him, the guy on the right makes his wife cry because she is so proud of him. 

In a couple of months I am going to add to this photo. It will be before, during, and after. After really isn't the correct term, but I am tired and I don't feel like coming up with a better word for it. The picture I add will be at my goal weight of 235. I have almost 40 more pounds to go to get to it, and I am sure the weight loss is going to slow down, but if there is one simple thing going through this VLCD program has taught me it is that I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. It really is eye-opening to look at the pictures side by side and see such a contrast between then and now. I am so proud of you and love you so much.

    ReplyDelete