Monday, April 15, 2013

2 full months (day 60)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes, 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes on the bike, and a 20 minute walk.

I have been at this now for 2 months. At least if you count a month as 30 days. I think it is good at this point to look at how far I have gone in that short of a time.

1.) I have lost 66 pounds.
2.) I have come within 11 pounds of my initial goal of 260.
3.) I have not eaten off a single time.
4.) I have gone far down the road to make exercise part of my life.
5.) None of my clothes fit, and even clothes I purchased a month ago no longer fit.
6.) I have more energy than I can remember having.
7.) I have stuck to writing my blog posting and examining myself.
8.) I have found out that I can resist temptation- something I didn't know was in me.

I was going for 10, but ended up with 8. I am ok with that though, that is a huge list even if it is 2 short of 10.

Oddly enough today was a day when I found cravings showing up again. While I was out shopping at the grocery store tonight I found myself really thinking about eating off. While at work today I couldn't stop thinking about the block of cheese in the fridge at home. Funny how those thoughts brought on what felt like physical hunger. I would have eaten in the past. I would have finished that entire block of cheese. I would have gotten the gummy worms I wanted. I even had to stop and smell the gummy worms at the store. I can just imagine what that looked like to people walking by. I still look like a fat guy, so they saw a fat guy smelling candy in a store. I am sure I would tell that story to people if I saw that, but I am fine with it. I dealt with my craving in a healthy way.

Getting through these 60 days, and days like today prove to me that I am doing what I need to do. That I have strength I never thought I had. I can keep doing this, and keep figuring out what I need to figure out in order to fix this. I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle at the thought of you smelling the gummy worms in the store, but I'd rather you smell them than eat them right now. I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you.

    ReplyDelete