Tuesday, April 23, 2013

100 Gone (day 68)

Key Stats:All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes in the bike in the morning, 45 minutes in the pool in the evening.

100 pounds down. 100 pounds down. I just had to repeat that it sounds so good. I weighed in this morning at 255 pounds. It has been 2 year and 12 days since I weighed in at 355 pounds. That works out to just about 1 pound a week lost. Though I didn't really do 1 pound a week (these last 68 days have been closer to 1 pound a day) I still accomplished a lot.

Many people who read this blog, or who listen to me might think that the hard part has been these last 68 days and 70 some pounds. But to be honest the hardest part, the part I had to work on myself the most for was getting from 355 to 337. Not just because it took me that much longer, but I think you have to see it more like getting a train moving. I was slow at first, and I even stopped and backed up a few times. But once I got on the tracks so to speak, and decided I needed to start going I was then able to pick up speed. This VLCD diet is EASY. Weight just falls off. Deciding to call and start a program that from the outside looks extreme was HARD. Getting to the point of noticing I needed help was hard. Finding a way to say that I needed help, and I needed help in a major way was hard. Much much harder than these last 68 days.

Often times I have looked back at myself and thought what poor self control I had, and how weak I really was. But getting to this 100 pound milestone really just showed me that I just didn't have direction yet. I know back that I wasn't happy as big as I was- I just didn't think I could do anything about it. I could not have written back that what I write every day on this blog- I can do this. I just didn't know back then that I could do this.

On a different topic. I purchased new clothes today. Size 38/30 pants, and XL shirts. I looked awesome in them and I can't wait to wear them to work tomorrow. I don't know how much smaller I will get but my guess is that XL shirts will end up a bit big and I will possible get to wear L shirts, and my pants will get to 34. That is just a guess though... I am in completely un-charted territory. Also today I swam my first 500 Meter ladder. That is a 100 meter swim, then a 90 second break. Follow by 200 meter and a break, 300 meters and a break... and up to 500 meters. Now normal I would swim back down the ladder but I ran out of gas to do it. The last 100 meters of my 500 was killer. I am super proud of myself for doing it though. Tomorrow is my run- weather permitting. I am not going to feel bad for saying this, but I hope the weather is crappy. If it isn't I know I can do it. After I lost 100 pounds- I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment