Saturday, April 20, 2013

I ride my bicycle (day 65)

Key Stats: No BG checks. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 2 mile bike ride.

You read that right, I road my bike. I figured what better thing to do. So I got the dust off a bike I purchased a few years ago that I thought didn't work for me and went for a ride. All the time in the basement riding my bike paid off well today. I had mapped out a two mike ride thinking it would take me a good bit to do... well it didn't From leaving the house to getting back home was between 5 and 10 minutes. And I did not push hard. I guess I am going to need to find about a 10 mile ride to make it a good work out. I am surprised how much I enjoyed the ride.

So yesterday was a run, today was a ride and tomorrow I will be swimming. So should I try a triathlon  The running part of it scares me the most. But damn that would be cool to accomplish  At 355 pounds I thought I would never do something like that. If I stick with this, I am betting I will be able to do it. Can I stick with it? Lets see how the running goes. I know I am going to try my hardest, and either way I am going to end up healthier than I was before I got started. I can't say I know I can do a triathlon, but I can say I know I can do this- get healthier.

-Jon


No comments:

Post a Comment