Thursday, April 18, 2013

Afraid of food (day 63)

Key Stats: all BGs normal, 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minute ride, 30 minute walk.

So first I lost nearly 7 pounds this week. This far into the program the weight loss should be slowing down a bit more but this was one of my bigger weeks since I started. I am proud of the hard work I have done, and the results I have earned because of that.

In class today we talked about food quite a bit, and eating habits. I admitted in class that I am truly afraid of food. I am worried that while I am learning a lot about myself that I will just go back to my old habits. I don't want to gain back the weight that I have lost. So how do I start to eat again? I want to stay on the shakes for as long as I can. The further I get away from the food I used to eat, the more I think I can avoid going back to them. I have always told people that the shakes are the easy part of this. Life after is going to be the hard part. I wish I could just type what I type at the end of every blog post, that I know I can do this; but I would be lying if I said that right now. I am worried about doing that. I have 30 years of unhealthy eating habits to get past. I know I will put the work in. I know I am putting the work in. Can I figure this out, will I let slip ups become set backs? I have not seen much of the transition plan yet, but I hope the transition plan gives me the tools I need to bring food back in. I know I will be 100% in, and if that is enough- well then I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment