Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dodging the rain(day 55)

Key Stats: BG's all normal. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating. 20 min on the bike, 20 min walk, 30 min on the elliptical.

It has been raining here all week. But all week I have gotten my walks in. How? Easy I watch the radar and when it looks like we are going to get a break in the rain I go for my walk. I have been lucky that most of the time this has lined up well with when I would normally walk (+/- 1 hour) so it has not been at too weird of times. But I get it done. At this point I think I would start to feel weird if I didn't get this walk in.

I noticed today that my arms need some help. I really have to start rebuilding some muscle. If for no other reason to firm up the skin. So tomorrow morning I am going to start alternating the bike with strength training. I have tried strength training once before a few weeks ago and over did it so I will need to be more careful this time. For some reason changing my routine is scaring me, but I'll just have to get over that.

Tomorrow is class. I look forward to Thursday nights all week. Not just for my weigh in, but as a time to learn more about how to keep all of this weight that I am losing off. I am so happy that I decided to start on this journey, and that I knew I needed to be 100% committed to it. I am getting healthier every day. I feel better every day. I have been doing this for 55 days and I know that I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. While I'm not glad for all the anger, tears and fears that I experienced, I see all those as what was needed to get you to this point. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete