Saturday, April 6, 2013

A family walk(day 51)

Key Stats: No BG checks (left meter at work again), 4 shakes 1 bar, chick broth, no off eating. 20 minute walk.

I had not gotten to exercise today like I had planned. I was all set to go to the pool and get some swimming in when I got to be super helpful husband. I enjoy moments like that when I can take the stress of something going wrong from my wife and help out. So that is what I did. I will get to the pool tomorrow though. But since the pool was out I still wanted to get some exercise in. So after I got back I said "Lets take a family walk"

My son exploded off the couch yelling happily about taking a family walk. Have I been depriving him of that his whole life? I hope that is not the case. In any case we had a bunch of fun. I didn't walk fast, or really walk with the thought of exercising, but I walked with my family. I enjoyed the fact that I could walk and then hang around outside after and not get lower back pain. In fact I didn't really notice that pain didn't come on until just now. Before all the walks we would take would bring on pain so much that I really did avoid them. I still find myself sitting down when ever possible just to avoid pain coming on, but the pain doesn't come. How trained am I to avoid pain? I look forward to reversing that training. I look forward to more family walks. I look forward to running with my son more when he asks me too (I couldn't today, still recovering from muscle soreness from swimming Thursday night). But soon I will. More and more I am feeling the health that I am gaining. If the 270's feel this good, I can't wait to find out what the 230's feel like. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment