Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Minefield (day 47)

Key Stats: All normal BG's, 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 30 min on the bike in the morning, 20 min walk for lunch, 30 min on the bike in the evening.

I was suppose to go swimming today, I am very sad that it didn't work out. I made too many assumptions about what would be ready, and it turns out I was not ready enough to get there on time. I will get to the pool Thursday night. I didn't let that stop me from getting some exercise in tonight though and I rode. It feels good to have exercise be part of the routine and not having to drag myself to do it. I have to find a way to make this part of my life.

The break-room at work has turned into a mine field. We have so much junk food that the table and multiple counters are being used to hold it all. It is down right silly. But I can walk into that room, look at the food, smile about how silly it is, and make my shake or get my water with no internal struggle about eating the food. I can not believe I have been able to get to a point like that were NOT grabbing the junk food and eating feels more normal than the thought of eating the food. And all that in just 47 days. Now I know that this is not a permanent change and I still have a lot to work through to be a "normal" eater, but I am going to put up the winning flag and enjoy it. Sure I still have a long way to go, a lot of work to do, and none of this is going to be easy, but I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to the pool tonight. I think tonight was a good way to see that even though your exercise plan didn't pan out, you just went to your back-up exercise plan. I'm so proud of you for not letting it stop you, and for resisting all the treats at work. Not only can you do this but you ARE doing it.

    ReplyDelete