Thursday, April 11, 2013

20% (day 56)

Key stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar, no off eating. 20 min on the bike, 30 min in the pool.

Total weight loss is now 19.58%. That is starting from December of 2012. Even further that is 23.66% since the first time I recorded my weight with the thought to lose weight. A 1/5th smaller than I was. Those aren't number that can win the biggest loser but I'll take them, and I'll be proud of them.

Tonight in the pool I cranked out 500 meters with no break. It wasn't all the same stroke but I got it done. I ended up with 200 meters of front crawl, then 200 meters of breaststroke, than 100 meters of front crawl again. Now it took me over 12 minutes to do, but I did it. I don't fancy myself to be a competitive swimmer again, but I do plan to get that time faster, and eventually finish it only using one stroke.

Today I did my official weigh in, the official weight is now 271. With the goal weight being 235 I still have a long ways to go, but it feels very reachable. I think I will end up closer to 220 but that is really more of a stretch goal. The good thing is that I know no matter what final weight I end up with I am significantly more healthy that I was before I started. I am so proud of what I have done for myself and for my family. I know I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment