Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stress triggers (day 76)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 30 minutes on the bike.

I found out today that instead of coming home tomorrow or even Friday I am going to be stuck on the road until the weekend. That puts a ton of stress on my home life. It puts a ton of stress on my wife who has to be home alone with our son. I have to be away from my son and my wife. And it triggered hunger. Hunger like I have not had to deal with in a long time. I didn't eat off but I hated having to fight it. I guess learning to fight unneeded hunger is a big lesson so I should count this as a win really. 

So why didn't I eat? Well I have accomplished a lot so far, and I am not going to let crappy news sink my progress. I am trying so hard to let real hunger dictate when I eat. Every time i resist head hunger I get stronger. And today made me stronger. Of course I didn't feel strong when it was going on. But I did it. If I can win today, I can win tomorrow. If I can not let stress dictate my eating today, I can do the same tomorrow. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment