Friday, May 17, 2013

Making time for everything (day 92)

Key Stats: 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 35 minute walk, 30 minutes in the pool.

Today did not go the way I wanted it to. It was suppose to be a morning swim day, a afternoon walk, and hopefully a evening bike ride. Instead it was nothing in the morning, a walk, and swim in the evening. I don't feel bad about it though- things changed because of family obligations.

When I over ate I got to spend more time with my family, but in reality I was being much more selfish than I am going away from the family to exercise. My family used to have to follow my eating patterns, and my cravings. My family had to watch me getting more and more unhealthy. My family had to worry about what to do if and when I died an early death, a path I was no doubt on. But I didn't care, all I wanted was to eat and be happy. It didn't feel selfish, but it was.

Now when I have to leave to go exercise it feels very selfish, but really it isn't. Sure the family is still going to have to follow my new eating patterns, at least to some extent- but those eating patterns are what they really should be eating this time. My family won't have me controlling our entertainment budget with going out to eat. My family gets to watch me get healthier and healthier. My family doesn't have to worry about an early death for me- I have stepped off that path. Sure, I will miss out on time with my family while I am exercising, but being healthy is going to make the time spent with them that much better. That is something worth working for- that is something I can do.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment