Friday, May 10, 2013

Morning swimming (day 85)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 30 minutes in the pool in the morning and 30 minute walk for lunch.

I went to the pool this morning as my morning exercise. Morning swimming used to be something that I did quite often while losing weight to join the coast guard. I also used to life guard the early morning lap swim in High School. To be honest I enjoy the early morning swim. Today was no different. I am going to have to make a point of getting to the pool more mornings. It was just a great start to my day.

I was able to get out of work a bit early today so I went over to a bike shop. I have been reading everything I can find to read about bikes but I needed to put what I had read into action. I am surprised by a few things- the seat being the biggest thing. The seat on my bike is uncomfortable, and it is a big padded seat and I wear bike shorts with padding while riding it. I thought the tiny seats on road bikes were going to kill me. I could not be more wrong. Wearing normal pants and going for a ride on the tiny seats felt so much better than padded and big seat. I can imagine how much pedal power I am losing on the mountain bike I am riding. The road bike felt like it was jumping out every time I turned the pedals. It was amazing how much speed I could get going that quickly, and how easily the bike held the speed. Last but certainly not least is comfort in general. I tried three different bikes with different geometries. One bike didn't fit me well at all, one was ok, and one felt like a glove. The bike that didn't fit me well me well feels like the bike I am currently riding- it just feels wrong. Too bad the money is just not in place right now to replace my current bike. I would not have purchased this bike today- there are many bikes to still test ride- but I know I want to buy a bike as soon as possible. The second I know it will work with the budget my current bike will become the bike trailer hauler and nothing else. I look forward to cranking out my first 100 mile bike ride but it will have to wait until I can get a good bike.

I am getting happier and happier with the look of myself, and the way I feel. I am feeling better about having this figured out for the long term. I have always known that I can lose this weight, and I am really starting to know that I can keep it off. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment