Tuesday, May 14, 2013

1200 meters (day 89)

Key Stats: 4 shakes 1 bar, no off eating. 20 minutes on the bike, 35 minute walk, and 40 minutes in the pool.

I rocked out 1200 meters with no rest in the pool. Keep in mind my previous best was 500 meters. My stroke is smoothing out, my breathing is getting better, and the largest part is my arm strength is building. I am going to need to find more money some how because I will want to take the masters swimming class soon... but how do I pay for all this stuff I want to do?

Tomorrow is a day off for me. I plan to do some grocery shopping for my sons play date on the weekend, mow the lawn- and research bikes. Not going to lie- really looking forward to getting on some nice road bikes and seeing what I like and don't like. I feel like I have read everything I can find to read about what to look for in purchasing, so it really is time to put my feet in the pedals and really find out what works for me. I have said it before, but I am so glad I have found an active hobby that gets the geek in me excited too.

Tomorrow is 90 days. 90 days since I ate anything other than the shakes, bars, chicken broth, and one sugar free jello egg. Oh and a piece of sugar free gum that ended up not being sugar free and I am still pissed about that. It doesn't really pay to look back on the 90 days other than to celebrate what I have accomplished. But I feel like after the 90 days I better start really looking forward. I can keep this weight off- I have to. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment