Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day (day 87)

Key Stats: No BG checks. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 45 minutes swim.

Today being mothers day meant I did a bunch around the house today. It all started with getting up early with my son (who always get up early) and going grocery shopping. We got items both for the food this week, and for the special mothers day breakfast. My son and I made french toast, bacon, strawberries, and sparkling grape juice. Oh and my son insisted on getting his mommy a doughnut (and one for him too). For lunch my wife and son had cereal. And for dinner I made fried chicken tenders with green beans. I know this type of food is what my family likes to eat, and the breakfast was a special breakfast- but this type of food can not be what I eat when I go back to normal eating. I have to find a way to start converting my family to better and healthier meals- I just don't know how to.

The pool felt great today. I swam 2000 meters doing 100 meter swims with <1 min rest between the swims. I would just look at the pace clock and rest until the new minute started. Some time I got nearly 0 rest, and one time I got almost a full minute. It felt good doing swims like that, and was a nice change up from my normal "swim as much as you can" type swimming. I am finely getting to the point that I should start looking at endurance building swim set instead of just basic getting my swimming up to a 500 meter swim.

I am obsessed with looking at bikes. The geek in me just loves sucking up all of the information I can find to read on them. I can't afford the electronic Dura Ace Di2 type system but damn do I want to. So instead I am reading up on frame sets, and wheel sets, and the difference between Ultegra vs 105 vs SRAM. It is like the car guy in me finally gets to work with the tech guy in me on a healthy thing. That makes me happy. The more I read about it, and the more I do it on my bike, the more I know that biking is going to become my main thing. I am going to do a century bike ride, likely next year. I am going to do a triathalon (also next year). I am excited to train for these things and learn more about how to be  a active healthy person. I need to learn exercise and food- but I can do it.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment