Sunday, May 26, 2013

Not being a fat dad (day 101)

Key Stats: 4 shakes, 1 bar no off eating. 60 minute bike ride.

Today I went to see my mom for lunch. Now I am not going to sit here and blame others for what I had control of myself, but to say me being fat had nothing to do with her would be lying. Again I was an adult, and in control of my food for longer than that and could have done something about it, so it is not her fault, but she had a part in it. It was amazing to watch her bad habits and how easy she tried to pass them onto my son. I had to stop her a number of times and also explain to her what we are doing differently.

I guess that is one of the big reason why I decided it was time to lose weight- I don't want my son to learn fat from me. I watched him look at me and repeat what I was doing in so many different areas. I don't want him to grow up having to feel like I felt being the fat kid. I don't want him to know the sadness of being picked on for eating the only way you know how to eat, and not even knowing how or what to change.

I am happy that I made these changes while he is still so little. He will never remember a fat dad. Some day we will be looking at pictures from when he was born, and before he was born and he will wonder how his dad could have ever looked like that. He will know his dad as a healthy active father. He will know his dad as the man that teaches him to be healthy and active. He will grow up- and know his dad. If for no other reason than that last sentence I know that I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment