Monday, May 20, 2013

Size Large (day 95)

Key Stats: 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 30 minutes bike, 35 minute walk.

Along with my new bike I needed to get some better riding clothes. So we went to the store this weekend to pick some up. I purchased, and fit in size large. I didn't even grab a large to start with, there was just no thought process in my head that said I could fit in a size large. But while wearing the XL my wife said it looked big on me... XL looked big on me. I was blown away. So back to the rack, and size large it was. I am shocked that it fits. Sure it is cycling clothes and they should be tight, but it fit. Now I just have to relearn how to put shirts on, my old method of head first arms second doesn't work so well in my new size. I am used to having much more room to move my arms around in.  Unbelievable. Here is a picture of me in my size large cycling clothes. Spandex be damned it is just more comfortable to ride in. The white part sticking up is not my stomach, it is part of the bibs, I wish that had not gotten in to the picture.

I was thinking about how much exercise has become part of my life. Before I started this I was addicted to many different foods. Now instead of wanting food to make myself feel better I want exercise to make myself feel better. I have thought about speeding up when I transition just so I am not so calorie limited and can exercise more. I decided against it, but the thought was tempting. I feel like I need more time away from the foods I was eating every day. I need more time to break relationships and bad habits. I still have more weight to lose. But I also need to learn how to eat all over again. If I had a complaint about my program it would be that we spend so much time talking about over eating, but hardly any time talking how to eat. I don't understand why that is. But I will work on it, and I am working on it. I will get it figured out, I will learn. I will be the person I need to be to stay here and be here for my family. I can do this.

-Jon


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congratulations, Jon! I can't believe you're approaching 100 days later this week!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete