Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 100!

Today is day 100. Lets cover how far I have come.

My starting weight for this program was 324 pounds. On the official scale I am now at 235. That is 89 pounds in less than 100 days (since the official weight is from Thursday night). Fairly amazing if you ask me.

I am an active person now. I exercise nearly every day, at least an hour and I love it. I love the feeling of getting out on my bike. I love pulling laps in the pool. I love my daily walks. I have never in my life enjoyed exercise, and now I love it.

Today I tried on clothes since I thought after 100 days it would be great to know what size I was at. 100 days ago I wore size XXXL shirts. In many brands I needed to get XXXLT just to keep the shirt from pulling up and showing my stomach. My pants were size 44/30, and I wore the waist below my stomach. I did this so that I could feel like I wasn't that large (heck 44 waist is bad, but not horrible) and I would never tuck my shirt in anyways since I was so self conscious about how I looked with such a large stomach. Today is an entirely different story. I tried on size 34/40 pants that fit great. And for my shirt, size Medium fit. MEDIUM! I am not sure, but I bet you have to go back to middle school to find a time when Medium fit me. So that is 10 inches off the pants- and more if I knew how large it was where I wear my pants now. And  4 shirt sizes smaller. Amazing.

Health wise the story gets even better. My blood pressure is much better. I don't need to take any medication for Type II diabetes any more- and my last A1c drawn on Tuesday last week was a 5.0. A 5.0 on A1c is about as normal of a reading as you can possibly get.

Food habits have been reset. If I go back to eating crap food I would have to go out of my way to do it. Right now on TV is a show about BBQ grilling. That should make me want BBQ right? Well I don't. Seeing food like this on TV used to make me want it, and now it doesn't. Right now I am craving a salad. I have never in my life eaten a salad. Just let that sink in- 32 years old and I have never eaten a salad. I am looking forward to eating a salad so bad it is really the only thing that I think I might fail on and eat off with. And I would only do that because as long as I put the right veggies on it, and used the right dressing it would technically fit with the plan. A salad will be the first food I eat when I start my transition, and I am still surprised how much i want one.

So there it is 100 days in a row. That means 400 shakes, and 100 bars. At 750 calories a day I have taken in 75,000 calories. I wish I knew how much time the old me needed to take in 75,000 calories. I will never go back to the old ways, and become the old me. I like this new me too much. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment