Monday, May 13, 2013

Breaking 240 (day 88)

Key Stats: No BG checks. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 30 minutes on the bike 35 minute walk at lunch.

I have decided to stop checking my blood sugar until I start eating "normal" food again. Honestly I do not gain any useful information from doing it and I should get a reward for losing this weight and not needing to do it any more. So I won't be putting BG checks into the key stats any more.

My new belt, the one I purchased just over a month ago that only just barely fit when I purchased it-well I am on the last hole now. So I will either need to drill a new hole, or get a new belt already. The pants I purchased are starting to show signs of being too big. I love losing the weight, but I am not going to lie, I wanted the clothes to last a bit longer. At least I got them as cheap as I could find.

I have not done any running for awhile. My toe that I thought was broken was not getting better very fast, and I decided it was best to rest it a bit and just let it heal. I think I am about a week away from that still, but since I have started resting it the healing is starting. I also try and ice it twice a day which I think helps.

Oh, the title of the blog- this morning on the scale at home I weighed in at 239. I am no longer over 240. Which means I can do my sky dive at any time since nearly every place will take a person over 240. I just have to decide to spend the money to do it, and of course talk my wife into letting me spend the money. I don't know what the bottom of the weight loss is going to be but every 10 pound mark makes me so happy to see.

I think this week I will do a body compositon again. And I want to do a full blood work up again. I want to see changes in A1C the most, but the other numbers are important too. I wanted to wait until I passed the 90 days with no meds mark to check my A1C again as this would be the full no high blood sugars A1C I have ever paid attention too, and certainly the first since my diagnosis. I am going to keep this weight off, I am going to stay healthy. I am going to stay active. I have done it so far, and I know I can keep on doing it.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment