Saturday, May 11, 2013

March of Dimes (day 86)

Key Stats: No BG checks. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. No formal exercise- but lots of walking today.

Today was the March of Dimes. We didn't do the full walk do to swimming lessons for my son, and the weather being fairly crappy- but we got a bunch of walking in. I wish we would have had some better weather, and no conflicts since it would have been a great family event- but I am still glad we did what we did.

I raise just under $1400 which got me a t-shirt. I decided to get a XL even though in the long run I hope to get to a large. I am shocked that I had to think about rather or not to get the smaller size, last year they didn't have shirts big enough for me. I wore my Team Powvens shirt that I had made for the March of Dimes the first year we walked. It is so big on me that it is just silly. I have a hard time believing I was ever this large.

I have said it out loud now, but have not put it on this blog- next year I am going to do a triatholon. It will be a sprint distance once with a run no longer than 5k, but I am going to do it. I figure I have more than a year to get ready for it, and I think that is how long I will need. Years of no exercise or physical activity is going to take a bit of time to over come. But I say it here every day so this should come as no surprise- I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment