Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Balancing Life (day 82)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes on the bike, 34 minute walk, 30 minutes in the pool.

I cranked out a full 500 meters of front crawl with no rests. I had been alternating front crawl with breast stroke because my arm strength would give out after about 100 meters. I am really proud of doing this. I hated that I had faded so far that 500 meters was not possible without switching strokes. I am proud of my ability to swim, and having it fade that far from what I used to be able to do really made me feel bad. I feel like I am getting back a piece of my 14 year old in great shape good swimmer self. Just a part though, I am sure my 14 year old self would kick my butt in the pool right now- but I'll get it back.

Cravings, and the want to eat was less today. Not once did I feel like I wanted to eat off, or binge, or fall back into old habits. Maybe just writing about it and acknowledging it was what I needed to do. I know all of the writing I have been doing has to be helping me in the long run. I might not be the most interesting blog to read- but I doubt any other writer is getting as much out of it as I am. Maybe the same- but it can't really be more.

I am still looking for the way to balance life. I have to my a father, a husband, an engineer, and now an active person. I am adding a piece to my life that has to be in the top 4 of my priorities. Maybe I am just looking at it the wrong way. Some days being active will be number 1, most days it will likely be number 4 (at least if I want to keep my family and job happy). But making sure that number 4 stays important needs to be done. I am sure I can figure it out- and I know my family is going to help as much as they can. After all, I can do this, but I can not do this alone.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment