Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Practicing my cooking skills (day 97)

Key Stats: 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. No formal exercise.

Still feeling a bit under the weather so no exercise again today. Hope to be feeling good enough for it tomorrow.

I have the goal of trying to eat with the plate method for meals when I start eating normal food again, so I thought it would be best to start practicing making the types of meals that would fit with that. Tonight was my first real try at that. I took 4oz of chicken and a teaspoon of olive oil with some Soy Sauce and cooked the chicken on the stove top. I made the mushrooms with a bit of olive oil and soy sauce, and put those on top of some steamed green beans. Then because my son loves them and I figured he wouldn't eat this meal all that well I peeled some clementines. I had planned to also make some corn, but forgot the corn. Here is what the plate looked like.

I didn't get to taste any of it of course, but my wife tells me it was not too bad. I will need to find more ways to bring flavor in without adding a bunch of salt as it was a bit too bland but I am sure I can get that figured out. What surprised me the most was how much chicken 4 oz was, and how full a plate can be and still be a healthy plate. 

Tomorrow is class. I hope to have my lab test results back before class so that I can talk about how happy I am with my A1c results. I also think a new goal weight is going to get set, I am curious to find out what that will be. I am enjoying this journey, and I can't wait to keep moving along it. The hard part is getting closer so now my concentration has to start switching to how to keep all this weight I have lost off. I will be so much harder that what I have done so far, but I know that I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment