Friday, May 3, 2013

A delayed post (day 77)

Key Stats: All BG's normal. 4 shakes 1 bar no off eating. 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I think the lack of sleep while on the road is catching up with me. I never sleep well on the road and this trip has been no exception. I went to exercise last night and for lack of a better term "bonked". I couldn't get much running in, so I just walked for most of the time. And I didn't get the blog written last night like I should have I just wanted to go to sleep.

This would have been a big eating day for me in the past. I felt hungry nearly all night. I think lack of energy is another eating trigger for me. I am glad to go through days like yesterday though, it lets me examine all sorts of different triggers. Dealing with the triggers inside of this ketosis bubble should give me tools to deal with them outside of the bubble.... I hope. No I hope is not right, it has to give me the tools- I know.

I am looking forward to getting home, even if it is going to be a long day for me to get home. Tomorrow I get to take my son to swimming lessons, get to kiss my wife (and take the single parent load off of her shoulders), and get back to my routine. I can not recommend enough for anyone who wants to do a VLCD diet- be boring. Get into a routine, add the exercise on day one, and do not deviate. It makes this plan so much easier. And for me it lets me really identify the triggers that come when I get off of routine. I never thought I could do something like this. I thought I would fall apart the first time I had to deal with temptation- just like I had every other time. But I am doing it and learning so much about myself. If I can do this- and I can - you can do this too.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment