Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter (day 45)

Key Stats: No BG checks (meter at work), 4 shakes 1 bar 1 cup chicken broth and one sugar free jello jiggler egg (5 cal, no carbs), 30 min on the bike in the morning, 30 min on the elliptical in the evening.

Well I ate off, though really it is food allowed in the program, but none the less it is not just the shakes bars and broth that makes up the core of the program. I am fine with it though and do not feel like I cheated at all.

I also had a great moment because of that egg. It was later in the day when I was listening to my son not take his nap like he was suppose to. I said to myself that I could have another egg since it was so few calories and it fit in the program ok. Then the book I was reading last week chimed and and said to me "Are you hungry" "Why do you want to eat this egg" And you know I looked inside myself from the "normal" eating rules and rated my hunger from 1-10 (1 not hungry at all, 10 SUPER hungry). My hunger at that point was around a 2 so I was not hungry. But then the I answered the why of eating that egg. The answer I came up with was that it was easter, and I had been doing so well on the program, and that I just deserved to have an egg. Again going back to the "normal" eating book I was ready to answer myself on that. Of course I deserved the egg. If I use deserving as a reason to eat I will never not eat. I am a good person, I work hard, I help others, I deserve food. Hell everyone deserves food when they want it. So you just can't use deserve as a reason. So then was I craving an egg, sure I was... but I had to be honest it was even the flavor of egg I really liked. It was peach jello and I don't really like peach jello. So in the end I won out and turned the egg down. This whole thing took place in my mind in just a few seconds but it was great training for when I am on the modified program, or back to eating normal food all of the time. I need situations like this, and I am proud of myself for getting through it. Today proved even more that I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment