Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Day on the road (day 19)

Key stats: Morning BG 78, evening BG 82. 30 minutes on the bike in the morning, 30 minutes on the elliptical  in the afternoon. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

Being on the road is harder than being at home. I can stop and get food, or eat what ever I want when I want and no one will see me do it. At home my wife will notice if I order a large pizza for dinner. On the road no notice. So today it came down 100% to will power.

I am proud of myself, because will all that above, and a bunch of stress added in, I stayed on plan. Even when I had to stop at the local gas station/ car repair/ tire center/ grocery store/ BBQ joint/ general store (not kidding it is all of those things) to get a flat tire fixed (after blowing out a tire on a mountain top for the SECOND time) I stayed on plan. When walking past the hotel bar/restaurant and seeing tasty food, I walked past to the exercise room and stayed on plan.

I don't want all the temptation, and I hope at some point it is not such an internal struggle to eat right... I know one thing. I can do this.

-Jon

2 comments:

  1. Jon, I am not going to be at class for the next two weeks. Keep up the great work...it is work...and you will be rewarded. Not many have the determination you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why I am listed as Roberino. That is my sisters name! --Robert

    ReplyDelete