Saturday, March 9, 2013

Being able to help more(day 23)

Key Stats: Morning BG 75. 1 hour on bike in the afternoon. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

God I love typing no off eating. I have typed it 23 times in a row. I really think I can go through this entire process and write that every time.

I cooked dinner and lunch for my family today. I used to do the majority of the cooking in the house, but when I started this program I knew I needed to get away from food for awhile. I also did a decent split on the grocery shopping (I think my wife would say she did it more than I did) but I had to step away from that also. I just didn't want to face temptation, because I was worried what I would do. I know this put a bunch of stress on my wife who went from not having to worry about getting food made, and who got to come home from work to a hot meal most every day, to having to deal with all of that herself. I am so glad to have her support in this, I could not do it without her.

It is not that I don't feel temptation, because believe me I do. I however know now that I can deal with the temptation and be successful. I know I can crave a food, or crave a snack and not fall into it. I think it took the week I had on the road to really prove to myself that I can deal with temptation very well. I no longer think about it over and over again. The thought comes up, I put the thought down, and it is over. I am proud of my resolve, and my will. I type it every day on here and maybe at first it was a fake it till you make it phrase. I might still be faking it, but there is no doubt that I am making it. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment