Friday, March 22, 2013

Another missed day (day 35 and 36)

Key Stats: All bg's normal. 30 min on the bike yesterday morning. 4 shakes 1 bar each day, no off eating.

I'll start by saying sorry for missing my post yesterday, my wife and I didn't get back from home last night until after 11 and I was super tired. Which is also why you only see 30 minutes of exercise in 2 days. I'll get back on the exercise train tomorrow after I hopefully get to bed at a decent time and get a good night of sleep.

It must be cookie season. For 3 days in a row the break room table has been covered in cookies from vendors. Each time I walk in to the break room to fill my water, or make a shake I am confronted by temptation. It is not a struggle to say no, but I still do have to think about it. They had these little cookies that would be a good choice if I eating regular food. I don't know the calorie or carb intake that would be involved with them but they were about the size of a quarter. So I figure that I would have been able to enjoy one of those cookies to get a reasonable treat.

This has been become a bit of a mission for me. I have under 5 months to go on this diet. The diet is easy, but I need to figure out how to live after. So in situation where I am tempted by food I try and find the way to enjoy it in a reasonable fashion. I hope to keep finding ways. I think it helps me to think about the temptations, and find a way out of them. I just can't "Just Say No" forever. I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment