Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 weeks (day 21)

Key stats: Morning BG 72, evening BG 81. 1 hour exercise on the bike in the evening. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

I am now 21 days into this program. I have been writing for 22 days. Never missing a day. I have consumed 15,750 calories since starting this program. I have exercised for nearly 20 hours burning around 4800 calories in the process. I have lost 3.5 sizes off of my ring finger. I can see in my face that I have lost weight, people have said they have noticed that I have lost weight. I just don't know at this point how much I have lost.

Today should have been a weigh in day. I should be happily posting how much I have lost in the last week and how much I have lost total since starting. But I am on the road, and I have it in my head that I will only use the official scale to measure my weight loss. So I will have to wait another week before I find out. It will be next week Friday morning before I know.

My first small goal was to be under 300 pounds. I really wanted to hit that last week, but only got to 304. Now I know it was not reasonable to think I could drop 12 pounds two weeks in a row, but hey you have to dream big to achieve big. I am sure that I am under 300 now. I won't celebrate it though until I see it on the scale. After 300 comes the big hurdle of 260. The lowest I can ever remember my weight being was in boot camp when I weighed in at 254 or so. So 6 pounds above my lowest remembered adult weight just seems unreal to me in so many ways. But the way I am losing pounds and the way I am able to continue doing what I need to do encourages me. I don't know what my final weight goal is going to be, but I do know that I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment