Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Finding out about myself (day 20)

Key Stats: Morning BG 81, evening BG 77. 1 hour exercise on the bike in the evening. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

Stress triggers cravings. This trip has been one stress inducing moment after another. This morning while warming up my rental car and talking to my boss the snow plow hit me. Then while riding with my client to one of the radio sites we got rear-ended. I had to fight myself not to go off program.

I have really found that eating is what I have done to calm myself, and to keep myself balanced. I have said that I eat when I am happy, and I eat when I am sad. It was kind of easy to understand eating while sad, the food made me feel better. And eating while happy was a way to raise that level of happiness. I never really noticed that I ate when I was stressed. Looking back on things I can see it, but it took removing eating from what I can do to really see it.

I still worry. Being in the bubble that I am in right now makes things easy. I can treat food as the enemy. The same as I did when I quit smoking, and when I quit caffeine  I made them the enemy and said I can never do them again, and it worked. Now what do I do... I would do shakes for the rest of my life if I could, but I can't. So how do I find a way to eat normal food and maintain a healthy weight? I wish I had the answer to that question right now. It sure would make this process easier. But I think the process is really what is going to help me find the answer to that question. I can do this.


-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment