Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sitting at the airport (day 38)

Key Stats: BG's all normal. 4 shakes 1 bar, no off eating. RUNNING through the airport to hit a connection as my exercise.

Well I tried. I ran. From Gate F11 to gate C27. I made it just in time to watch the plane be pushed back. Awesome. But the thing is I ran the whole way. I have not ran that far since boot camp. I would not have been able to do that 38 days ago.

Of course I am feeling it now. I had to find an alternate route to get to my meeeting at 8 AM tomorrow morning. I am going to only get 4 or 5 hours of sleep. The more I look at this trip the more it is sounding like boot camp. No sleep, lots of running. I should just set my laptop down and do some pushups right now to make it authentic.

Food was easy, and is being easy to avoid. The pretzel place still cries my name out when I walk past it, but I don't have to think about not eating it, I just know I am not going to.

Sorry for the short post today, it is not all that easy to write in the airport with all the announcements. I hope to get home a bit early from this trip and maybe even still make it to class this week. My hopes are a bit low though. This trip is not off to a good start. Either way I'll be back to class the week after.

I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment