Saturday, March 2, 2013

A reminder of help (day 16)

Key Stats: Morning BG 82, evening BG 74. 1 hour on the bike in the afternoon. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

My wife has stepped up big time to help me through this process. She has taken over all the cooking, and food shopping so that I don't have to deal with handling food. That has helped in so many ways, and I really learned that today. I was home alone with my son while she was out shopping and it was snack time. My son asked for cheese for his snack. If I am asked on a form to tell alittle about myself I almost always will write "I enjoy cheese." So going and cutting my son a few pieces of cheese, and not having some myself turned out to be quite difficult. I am proud of myself though as I got him his cheese and did not eat any. It was not easy though.

I can't get pizza out of my mind. I really should have gotten pizza as my last meal. As I was driving to swim lessons with my wife and son I swear every place we drove by was a pizza place. Pizza is following me. I wish there was a pizza flavored shake, or bar. I am worried about my resolve while on the road away from home. Pizza was always something I would get, and over indulge on. I am going to have to find a way to bring pizza in after I transition in a healthy way. I hope the cravings get easier over time. I find it funny though that as I sit here writing about pizza, and wanting to eat a bunch of pizza, I am not hungry. I think that is how VLCD is going to help me in the long run. I have to learn that just because I want to eat something doesn't mean my body needs to eat it. I am not hungry, I am just craving. I used to think I would start to crave because I was hungry. I am learning, and I know that I can do this.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment