Friday, March 15, 2013

Missed a day (day 28 and 29)

Key stats: BG's all normal, 4 shake 1 bar each day. No formal exercise day 28, 30 minutes on the elliptical day 29.

12 pounds. I dropped 12 pounds in two weeks. I am proud to have lost 12 pounds, but of course I wanted to lose more. I am now at 292. My goal is to be at 280 is two weeks. I think that is an obtainable goal.

Onto why I missed my post yesterday. I had set a goal of writing every day, but really had no choice but to miss yesterday. I had to fly out and didn't get home till nearly midnight. Since I had to be up early the next day to make it to the VLCD class I decided to just drop everything and get myself to bed. I don't feel bad about missing one day worth of posting.

I was really glad to get back into class. It helps me to keep focused, and to learn more about how to keep all of this weight off once I am done. I can see 260 (my first stated goal) now. It seems very real to me, and obtainable. I can't help but wonder what my final goal is going to be. I guess they have a machine now to measure body fat, muscle, and bone. I hope that is part of what determines what my final weight should be. Before I joined the coast guard I was measured one something similar, though I doubt as accurate and that told me that with just bone and muscle I would weigh 220. The more I look at picture of me at boot camp graduation the more I think that just can't be right. I was at a decent weight then, but still clearly had weight to loss. I think at graduation I was around 258 or so. I look forward to getting into the low 250's. Once I break 255 I will be as light as I have ever been as an adult. That will be awesome. As it is this is the lightest I have been since I was married.

I still worry about keeping the weight off when I am done, but I am starting to understand more and more about myself. I already know I can lose the weight  but I am starting to think I might be able to figure out how to keep it off. All I know for today though is that I can do this.

-Jon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon! Mary here. It was great to meet you at class tonight! Our brand new body composition scale is up and running. I would recommend discussing a scan with Steve at your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that. I had meant to do it this week, but forgot to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete