Thursday, February 28, 2013

8 is great (day 14)

Key stats: Morning BG 85, Afternoon BG 73. 30 min in bike in the evening, snow in the morning. 4 shakes, 1 bar. 8 pounds down for the week.

I lost 8 pounds! That makes 20 pounds in two weeks on the VLCD program, and 33 total pounds since I decided recently to lose weight. If you track back to the first time I recorded my weight with the idea of losing weight it means 51 pounds lost. I am proud of myself.

I missed out on a half hour of my exercise today. Taking care of the snow certainly is activity, but I want to get back into my routine of exercise. I think I am going to try to stick to 30 minutes in the morning, a 20 minute walk at lunch, and 30 minutes in the evening. I had wanted and set my timer to one hour tonight on the bike, but decided to try and get back on a schedule. I doubted my self and thought I was just making an excuse to not ride for an hour, but stuck to it. A schedule really would be better for me as I need to get on auto-pilot for awhile.

Class was good tonight too. We talked about long term weight, and keeping the pounds we lose off. I realized that my previous weight losses were really doomed from the start. I had the intention of losing weight, not the intention of being at a healthy weight for the rest of my life. Each other time I dropped the pounds and thought I was done. I really see now that this is going to be something I can't ignore for the rest of my life. It might get easier with time, but as I look back on my life going all the way back to 1st grade (the first time I remember noticing I was fat), I am not able to not think about what food I eat. I will need to be a thoughtful eater forever if I want this to work. Dropping weight is easy, I can do that. Can I do the rest of it? 

-Jon

2 comments:

  1. I follow both you and your wife's blogs and I find them enlightening. I love your positive thinking! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the compliment. I find writing this very helpful for the process.

    ReplyDelete