Friday, February 22, 2013

A surprisingly hard day (day 8)

Key Stats: Morning BG-83 Lunch BG- 85 Diner BG 84. 60 minutes on the bike. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

So you would have thought the day after having weight loss to get excited about things would have gotten easier. They did not. I hope it is because of lack of sleep, as I only got 4 hours last night.

The day just started out wrong. I used to excuse that I got very little sleep as a reason to not get out of bed and exercise. Then I had to make a shake quickly and start driving while drinking it to get to work early. Then at 9:30 when I normally have another shake I was too distracted by a problem I was working on that I forgot to drink it until 10:30. Because of the weather, and work I didn't get to go for my lunch walk. Because of a 12:30 conference call I had to eat my bar quickly instead of enjoying it and eating it slowly like I try to do. My 3:00 shake was drank at 3:30.

My schedule has become more important to me than I realized. My first order of business is going to be getting back onto my schedule. I still need to auto pilot this for awhile.

I am proud of myself though. If nothing else a hard day like this proves to me that I can do this even if it gets harder. Even though I didn't get the exercise in the way I wanted to I still did get my hour in. Even though I felt hunger pains, and thought about all the foods I could enjoy if I wanted to- I didn't eat off. Up until this point the diet has been fairly easy. It got harder, and I still kept to my goals, and did what I need to do. I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. Much like the alarms on my pump, they're easy to ignore when distracted. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete