Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Start (Day 0)

I started my weight loss journey on 4/10/2010. This is the first time I ever recorded my weight with the goal of losing weight. I weighed 355 pounds on that day. After a bunch of false starts, and failed plans I find myself here today on 2/14/2013 at 324 pounds. I am actually surprised at how much weight I have lost since that first time that I wrote it down, but not too proud.

In the three years since I recorded that starting weight I have tried Xenical, swimming, biking, a therapist, and countless attempts at limiting my food intake. I guess I did some good, but I am certainly not were I need to be.

So today I started a new program through a local clinic. It is the VLCD, or very low calorie diet. It will consist of 4-5 shakes each day, and 0-1 protein bars each day. This will give me a total of 700-1000 calories each day. My body is going to go into Ketosis. I guess the first couple of days is not going to be pleasant.

So that brings me to this blog. I plan to write often to keep myself honest on this diet. I know it is going to be hard, but it is what I need to do. If you have gone through this type of diet before please leave a message. I'd love advice.

-Jon

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. We both know how hard those starts, stumbles and stops have been, but I have a feeling that this is going to be different. Just remember, this isn't a diet, it's changing your relationship with food and is a life-changing and life-saving program. I love you

    ReplyDelete