Friday, February 15, 2013

On your marks, get set, go (Day 1)

I started this morning. I started my day with a nice ride on my exercise bike (20 minutes, 3 miles) and I made my first shake and drank that for breakfast. I have to admit that I was not impressed with the vanilla flavor. This worried me, I have to survive on these foods for the next 3-6 months. I did how ever get affirmation that this program can work for me. As I was at work, I felt full. That is right, I ate 150 calories worth of drink, and felt full. Stuffed almost. 12 ounces of fluid, this surprised me, and encouraged me.

My next shake was at 9:30 AM and I made a chocolate one, thank god this tasted better. I think I could actually enjoy those shakes.

At 11:30 I had my first moment of realization. I was full. I don't fully understand the why, but drinking these shakes make me feel very full. But, I eat lunch at 11:30 and even while feeling full, I was HUNGRY. Not just a bit hungry, but REALLY hungry.

I then decided to go for a walk after I ate my lunch. I really enjoyed the protein bar. Honestly I would have enjoyed the flavor of those even while not trying to loss weight. That was a very big surprise. I then went for my walk, I have never gone for a walk during the day at work. I just felt like it was the right thing to do. It turns out my office is right near some nice parks, and has some nice views. I plan to try and make that a daily routine.

My 3 PM shake was vanilla again. I am going to get through that bag, and I doubt I will be ordering it again. In fact I might just work on the chocolate shakes for a bit and hope my tastes change a bit. I see they have lots of other flavors to try, I'll have to get a few of the single servings to give them a try.

On to dinner. I had another chocolate shake that I let sit in the freezer for about a half an hour. That was a good idea that I think I will try again.

As the day went on I was worried about feeling crappy, as I have been warned that would happen. And sure enough I started to feel crappy. So after putting my son to bed I decided to try go for another ride. This has helped me a bunch. It took the head ache away! It is coming back, but at least it was gone for the time I rode.

Important stats for the day: BG at breakfast 103, Lunch 86, Dinner 103. 4 shakes, 1 bar. No off eating. 46 minutes on the bike, 20 minute walk.

I am proud of today, and I have hope that I can make this work.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment