Monday, February 25, 2013

A surprising problem (Day 11)

Key Stats: Morning BG 78, afternoon BG 72. 1 hour exercise in the morning on bike, 20 minute walk at lunch, and 30 minutes exercise in the evening on the bike. 4 Shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

My energy level is through the roof right now. I did nearly 2 hours of exercise today and I feel like I could get back on the bike and do another hour. I really never thought that would be a problem for me. I remember during the first training for this program the PA said that if I did excessive exercise I would need to up my calorie intake. I asked what excessive as and he said 2-3 hours a day. I laughed, yah right 2-3 hours a day. I thought I would be lucky if I did 2-3 hours a week. Well here is hoping what I did today was not excessive. Hell I even thought about running. I hate running. Weird.

I have in my head that I am going to beat the 300 pound mark this week. I am afraid I have set up for myself a goal that is not reachable. Or that in my zeal to reach that goal I will over do the exercise and set myself back. I know that I am doing exactly what I need to do to be healthy, and the weight is going to come off, so I am going to go along for the ride. I still have a lot to learn so that I can keep this weight off when I am done. Already have I learned a very important lesson though, I can stick to a plan and resist temptation. I had never been able to do that in the past. I lost a bunch of weight two other times, but put it back on in short order. I can not do that again.

I have a TON of page views in the last day or so. I decided to put this blog out on facebook and let everyone I know find out about what I am doing. That was hard for me to do as I really don't like being vulnerable and admitting to a bunch of people how messed up my eating was. I did a quick back of the envelope calculation, I used to eat in 1 day what I am drinking with shakes each week right now. That blows my mind. It is a good thing that I can do this.


-Jon

1 comment:

  1. You? Run? I've seen you "run" with Gus, in from out of the cold, but I've NEVER seen you really run...for exercise or because you wanted to. I'm so happy and proud that you are allowing yourself to change as a result of the program and that you are doing what you need to stay with us.

    ReplyDelete