Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keeping motivation (day 9)

Key Stats: BG-94. I forgot my meter at work. Exercise 1 hour on the bike... 1 hour in a row never done that before. 4 shakes, 1 bar, no off eating.

I got back on track with my motivation today. I had let success almost be my downfall, but decided that was a really bad idea. So I woke up early and got my ride in. Eat on my schedule, and did was I needed to do.

I also got to face 2 sets of temptations for me today. The first was during lunch, we had to eat on the road so we stopped at a McDees. That place smells like happiness. At one point my wife and son got up to take a potty break leaving behind both meals. I could have snagged a french fry and no one would have noticed. I could have taken a small bite of a cheese burger completely unnoticed. I did neither of those two things. Certainly the thought came to mind, and I had to tell myself no, but I didn't do it. Will there be a time when those thoughts don't come to mind?

The second temptation test was stopping at a gas station to get my wife juice and food to treat a low BG she was having. They made me walk through an isle of doughnuts, cookies, and treats to check out. It made me smile to think about it. Here I was a fat man laughing about the absurdity of having to walk through an isle of treats to check out, thinking they had set that isle up just for me. Oh that isle would have worked just 10 days ago, but today it just made me laugh. To quote Charlie Sheen "WINNING!" I can do this.

-Jon


No comments:

Post a Comment