Saturday, June 1, 2013

A good meal (day 107)

Key Stats: 4.5 shakes 1 bar, a bite of onion, red pepper, mushroom and zucchini, 45 minute bike ride.

So I guess technically I ate off today. I was feeling crappy and low energy still from yesterday and from the bike ride this morning so I made a 3 scoop shake. Then after making what I thought was a great looking dinner of kabobs I decided I had to find out what the vegetables tasted like. I am so excited to start eating- I made a healthy dinner that looked and tasted amazing. My wife wanted to add more seasoning to the mix, but for me the small bites I took of each of the vegetables was amazing flavor. I can't wait until I get to make that again- but this time for me.

I am hoping to get over this lack of energy funk I have been in for the last couple of days. I don't know if it is a combination of not sleeping, plus this long on VLCD, or what else could be contributing- but lately I have felt like crap. Maybe I am just fighting off some sort of sickness. I can't help but think my body is just done with only eating the shakes and bars. Or maybe it is all just in my head because I want to start eating real food again. Either way- I have gotten to a good weight, I have accomplished a lot on the hard core part of the diet and I really feel like I have learned a lot about my eating and the way I think about food. I feel like I am ready to learn the next part of this- how to eat in the real world. I am going to take it week by week just as the program recommends and I am going to learn everything I can during the minimum 5 weeks of transition. I am going to become a healthy eater, and I am going to stay a healthy person- I can do this.

-Jon

1 comment: