Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I ate real food (day 110)

Key Stats: 3 shakes 1 bar, 4 oz boiled chicken and two cups of salad. 30 minute walk, 30 minute swim.

Well after I wrote last nights blog I got a message from the doc. The recommendation was to start transition. So today I put that plan into action. So for dinner I boiled some chicken in chicken broth with onion and red pepper, while my wife shredded some lettuce. Then adding in cucumbers, mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini, and carrots.  Here is the salad.

I am 32 years old, turning 33 this month. This is the first salad I have ever eaten in my life. I can not believe I have missed out on this my entire life. Maybe it took the 109 days of just shakes and bars to make me see it but the flavor of this was amazing. This was with no dressing either. I am sure with a tasty dressing added a dinner like this could become a personal favorite. I look forward to adding more and more to a plate like this. Maybe some raisins, or orange or apple... god I am excited about salad. It was really that good.

But today started the next leg of my journey. Bringing real food back in. My fear has been that even after all the shakes and bars healthy food would not taste good. My fear was that I would go straight back to all of the unhealthy food I had been eating because it was the only thing that tasted good. My fear was not needed- dinner tonight confirmed for me... I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment